Trying to find a last minute birthday present for a teenage girl can be tricky. As teens develop their own interests and personalities, picking out gifts becomes more challenging. When time is running out, it's easy to default to gift cards or cash. But with a little effort, you can find a thoughtful gift that shows you care. Here are some ideas for great last minute birthday gifts for teenage girls:
Know Her Interests
Take some time to think about the teen's hobbies, fashion sense, favorite treats, and pop culture obsessions. Is she an aspiring artist or photographer? Does she love a certain book or movie series? What music does she listen to? Pay attention and get creative about how you can tie a gift to something she loves.
For example, get art supplies like fancy colored pencils, markers, or sketchbooks. Or find décor featuring her favorite band, TV show, or movie. Go for useful tech accessories in her favorite colors, like headphones, portable chargers, or phone cases. Or make a gift basket filled with sweet and salty snacks she enjoys. When you personalize based on her interests, even a last minute gift shows you put thought into it.
For teens who seem to "have it all," focus on giving them an experience. At this age, they are making more memories and exploring new interests. Give them a chance to try something new and exciting.
Some experience gift ideas include:
- Tickets to a concert, play, or sporting event
- Passes for an amusement park, zoo, aquarium, trampoline park, or indoor skydiving
- Gift certificates for manicures, massages, or makeovers at a salon
- Cooking, pottery, or other creative classes
Experiences create lasting memories, especially when enjoyed with friends or family. She'll appreciate the chance to do something fun, even if you arranged it at the last minute.
Don't underestimate simple gifts from the heart, like framed photos and personalized keepsakes. Make a photo collage featuring pictures of the birthday girl with family and friends throughout the years. Or have a blanket or pillow made featuring pictures of her dog or cat.
Put together a memory box or jar filled with sentimental items: concert tickets and wristbands, notes and cards, movie stubs, little trinkets, inside jokes written on slips of paper. She'll love reminiscing over the memories.
For a more personal touch, hand write a heartfelt letter sharing how much she means to you and how proud you are of the young woman she's becoming. She'll treasure thoughtful words along with any last minute gift.
When in doubt, go for gifts the teen can use in her everyday life. Think about items she may need to replace soon or upgrades to her essentials. Useful last minute gift ideas include:
- Gift cards for coffee, restaurants, iTunes, Amazon, Target, etc.
- Stylish backpack, purse, wallet, or tote bag
- Portable phone charger and charging cables
- Trendy water bottle, tumbler, or thermos
- Soft blankets, pillows, pajamas, or slipper socks
- Premium headphones, Bluetooth speaker, or earbuds
- Trendy cold weather accessories like beanies, gloves, and scarves
Even practical gifts feel special when selected thoughtfully and wrapped with care. Prioritize durability, quality, and style when picking useful items she'll get everyday use out of.
Last Minute Gift Ideas for Teenage Girls by Age
Focusing on her interests works for most teens. But you can also tailor gifts based on her age and phase of adolescence. Here are some ideas:
For 13 Year Olds:
- DIY craft kits like bracelet making, nail art, embroidery
- Journal, pens, and decorative tape to customize
- Makeup and beauty gift sets
- Photo props like boas, fun sunglasses and hats
- Trendy room decor like string lights or wall art
- Gift card for clothes or shoes
For 14 Year Olds:
- Polaroid camera and film
- Fun socks and PJs
- Fancy hot chocolate or coffee kit
- Makeup organizer case
- Backpack or weekend bag
- Earphones and portable charger
- Nail polish collection
For 15 Year Olds:
- KonMari-style decluttering kit for her room
- Ticket to a concert or music festival
- Personalized jewelry with her name or initials
- Gift card for Uber/Lyft rides
- Ticket to sporting event or comedy show
- Trendy luggage tag or passport holder
- Cute coffee mugs and chocolate bars
For 16 Year Olds:
- Car emergency kit for new drivers
- Monogrammed Yeti tumbler
- High end bath bombs and lotions
- Digital subscription for music or TV
- Gift card for a nice dinner out
- College hoodie or t-shirt
- Nice perfume, curling iron, or straightener
- String lights for dorm room decor
For 17 Year Olds:
- Preppy planner for college apps and time management
- Dorm room bedding and decor
- Portable phone charger custom engraved
- Gift card for gas, car washes, oil changes
- Nice luggage for college move-in
- Manicure kit for at-home pampering
- Electronic accessories like a tablet, Kindle, or Bluetooth earbuds
No matter her age, the gift of quality time is always appreciated. Offer to take her shopping, get ice cream, see a movie, or just hang out doing her favorite activities. Your attention means the world as she navigates her adolescent years.
5 Last Minute Gift Ideas for Teen Girls FAQs
What is a good last minute birthday gift for a 13 year old girl?
For a 13 year old girl, consider a DIY craft or makeup kit, photo props and accessories, journals or pens, or a gift card to her favorite clothing store. Experiences like tickets to a concert or amusement park also make great last minute gifts at this age.
What should I get a 16 year old girl for her birthday at the last minute?
For a 16 year old, good last minute gift ideas include a monogrammed Yeti tumbler, high end bath products, a digital entertainment subscription, gift cards for gas or dining out, college merchandise if she's touring schools, or electronics like quality headphones or a tablet.
What is the best gift for a 15 year old girl's birthday when you forgot?
If you forgot a 15 year old's birthday, grab concert or event tickets, a decluttering kit for her room, personalized jewelry, coffee shop gift cards, or trendy travel accessories like luggage tags. Experiences and sentimental gifts show thought even if purchased last minute.
What can I get a teenage girl for her birthday if I don't have much time?
With little time left, grab gift cards to Target, Amazon or her favorite clothes stores, cozy items like blankets and slippers, makeup or nail polish sets, candies and snacks, or Polaroid cameras for memories. Anything useful or tied to her interests will work in a time crunch!
What is a good inexpensive last minute birthday gift for a teen girl?
Inexpensive but thoughtful last minute gifts for teen girls include photo albums, frames or collages, homemade coupons for outings together, sentimental memory boxes, personalized mugs or water bottles, monogrammed makeup bags, cozy socks and PJs, printed photos for her locker, and fun DIY craft kits to enjoy.
Final Thoughts on Last Minute Birthday Gifts for Teen Girls
Finding the perfect gift for a teenage girl might seem difficult, especially when you're racing against the clock. But with some effort to make it personal and useful, even a hastily purchased present will make her feel special. Focus on gifts that reflect her personality, let her try new experiences, or provide everyday value. Most importantly, make time to celebrate her birthday together, no matter how last minute it may be. She'll cherish the thoughtfulness along with any gift.